Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Last Spanking

We never did spank our kids a lot. In our home, there were only two offenses which were 'spanking-worthy'

1) The child in question did something that endangered himself or others
2) The child in question directly (and I mean DIRECTLY) defied parental authority

Then one day in Foley's during the Christmas holiday rush, Daniel became frustrated with his mother for something or other and he raised his fist to strike her. I blocked the blow and, using his raised hand to turn him around, administered two swift swats to his hindquarters.

Sniffling ensued.

I pulled Daniel off to the side and asked, "Do you know why I spanked you?"

....sniff...."yes"....sniff

"Why did I spank you?", I asked

"'cause you don't love me"

That was the last spanking I ever gave.

(you should thank your older brother, Sarah)

No comments:

Post a Comment